Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tour Speculations

There is alot of speculations going on wheather or not the tour is Cancelled or Postponed. According to this Article Released by the Gwinnett Herald in Duluth, Georgia , (which raven did make the front page) say's that Raven's Tour is postponed and will soon hopefully get everything "re-dated" .

DULUTH – Raven-Symoné, who began her career at age 2 on "The Cosby Show" 20 years ago, was set to embark on a 55-date tour that was scheduled to make a stop at the Arena at Gwinnett Center June 18.

But on Friday, April 18 she released a statement that she is postponing the tour and hopes to make up the dates.

Raven-Symoné has literally grown up in the public eye, going on to appear on the show "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" in the mid-90s and on her own Disney Channel show, "That's So Raven." Her most recent film was the Disney movie "College Road Trip," starring her alongside Martin Lawrence. She's set to release her self-titled album April 29, and recently took time from her busy schedule to answer some questions about the tour, her album and life as a star.

-So where are you checking in from?

I'm actually jogging through the park right now, then going to the gym. I'm getting in shape for my upcoming tour. We're doing three weeks of rehearsal before hitting the road.

-What can fans expect at this Pajama Party tour?

I'm going to be up on stage wearing my pajamas and my fans should come in their favorite pair. The set is decorated like my home, which has a very India and Morocan kind of style. One of my favorite things to do is sleep, so it'll be like I'm coming home every night to sleep.

-You have your self-titled album coming out later this month. Tell us a little bit about it.

There are a lot of fun tracks on it. It's definitely a party album. I had some amazing writers and producers helping me out on it. I'd have to say that the story on the album continues with my message of self-confidence and being comfortable with who you are.

I'm shy about my personal life, and this is a great way for me to talk about it.

-You seem to be involved in all sorts of projects right now, from TV to movies to music, what are some upcoming projects on your horizon?

My baby right now is my Web site, www.ravensymonepresents.com. I'm always adding new content to it. I love to cook, so there are a lot of cooking videos on there as well as other helpful tips and how-to videos.

I'm also looking to get into merchandising and publishing as and I'm looking over some movie scripts right now. I'd like to get into directing one day. I had the chance to direct an episode of "That's So Raven," but I didn't have the experience and I want to be respected, so I held off.

-You've done a lot of comedic roles during your acting career, do you have the desire to do dramas?

I like where I am with comedy right now. If I do a drama, it has to be something that really touches me. I did one dramatic role, on the Lifetime movie "For One Night."

-You've worked with some really famous comedians starting, of course, with Bill Cosby, but then guys like Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. Have they influenced your comedy?

They've most definitely influenced my comedy but also me as a person. They taught me to be professional on set and to always give it my all.

-So you're from Duluth, but live out in L.A. right now. What's it like to come home to the Atlanta area?

I'm straight out of Duluth! I love this place, but don't get to come back as often as I'd like. Whenever I'm home I always love to visit my friends here – I went to North Springs High School – and just hang out. I don't think we'll have a lot of time on this tour for me to stay at home, though. I definitely have half a heart for home.

-What do you like to do for fun away from your busy schedule?

I love to paint and cook plus I box all time. As I said before, I also love to sleep as much as I can.

-What is it like being on tour?

It's fun. We have a bus for the performers and we all sit around playing video games – I love Mario on the Wii. We don't get to see a lot of the cities we visit because we travel during the night, get to the arenas to do a sound check, then perform that night.

On off days we usually go out and catch a movie.

No comments: